Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Top 5 TV Characters I'd Love to Hang Out With

Generally this is supposed to be a sports blog, but I need to be like Chelsea Handler's night time alcoholic drink and mix it up. I couldn't sleep last night and so I thought of an immediate blog topic that I could start in the morning, what TV characters would I like to hang out with. I think we can all agree that we have our own individual lists of characters. And then there is probably people who claim "Well I don't watch TV," and to them I say well then you're not American. Before you start down this list Rand Sargent and Ike Tingey, you will not find Kramer, George, or Seinfeld on this list, I actually dislike Seinfeld, and I have been very clear with you on that since day 1 of our friendship. I actually I take it back, I don't dislike Seinfeld, I just don't find it hilariously funny like 30 of my other friends do, I can only take Kramer's bed hair so much in an episode. With that being said, on to the list.

#5 - Olivia Benson & Elliot Stabler - Law and Order SVU

My wife and I starting watching this show right after we tied the night and I must say it's absolutely wonderful. There's nothing like watching Elliot Stabler put his forearm into some sex offender's throat (something I'm sure we'd all like to do one day) and telling them the next time he sees them that they'll be hooked up to a lethal injection needle. No kidding around, the guy doesn't bluff, and neither do I. Stabler and Benson are perfect compliments to each other, Stabler is the muscle, and Benson is there to keep Stabler on the train track but she has a tendency to get feisty herself. You go on a ride along with these two and you are guaranteed to see : a) a crime scene in which I've always wanted to investigate, b)Elliot toss some dirt bag down the stairs and spit in his face, c) you get to hang around New York all day, what better three things to ask for? All in the life of a special victims unit officer.

#4 - Lauren Conrad & others - The Hills

Now obviously this isn't a TV character but she is in a TV reality show, so it counts, if you have a problem with it well then I have a four letter word I can tell you to go to. Another show my wife introduced me to when I started dating her and one that I have tried to watch every week. Here is Lauren's day : Wake up, go to school, go to lunch at some ridiculous restaurant (by the way I'm baffled by how many people spell ridiculous rediculous,) and go get hammered at the end of the night and make $50,000 an episode. I'll take that for $300 Alex, except the part of getting hammered, who knows how us Foukas' would handle our liquor. Here's the thing, Lauren is probably the most loyal friend out of anyone on The Hills, but she is also probably the most dramatic. I couldn't hang out with Spencer because he belongs in Arkham Asylum. I couldn't hang out with Heidi because if you hug her you would get a concussion (use your imagination), and if she tripped and fell she would be like the T-1000 in Terminator 2 and just shatter. Lauren honestly seems the most normal out of all of them. I remember Hilary Felsted laughing at me in our Communication Theory class when I told her I watched The Hills, well Hilary it's one of the most watched shows in the world, who is laughing now? On a quick note, really Brody Jenner? You got rid of Kristin for Avril Lavigne? I mean make it interesting and date Hayley Williams from Paramore but Avril Lavigne? Gag me.

#3 - Babysit for Stewie Griffin - Family Guy

There's no denying it, Stewie is the funniest character on Family Guy. I love how Family Guy portrays him as some evil baby yet when The Children of Jolly Farm come on TV he can't be pulled away. Stewie has done everything from getting sauced to deal with his problems, juicing it after he got beat up by a baby girl, and hung out with the cast of Star Trek. Wait, I've dealt with friends like that already minus hanging out with the cast of Star Trek. I've yet to find anyone that's hung out with Whoopi Goldberg or Will Wheaton, kind of a bummer. But anyways, you can't dispute Stewie's humor, at times it can be a little much but for the most part you always pee yourself with laughter. My wife will always say "When Family Guy is on, you will always watch it!" My only reply to her is that I'm wheezing because I'm laughing so hard. That and I haven't taken care of myself since my senior year of high school. I always enjoy getting texts from Dave Tibbs and Ike Tingey about a specific episode of Family Guy where Stewie does something crazy and we all laugh about it. One thing is for sure, all of us would love to hang out with the great Stewie Griffin

#2 - Dwight K. Schrute - The Office

Three reasons why I would hang out with Dwight. 1.) He drives a 1987 Pontiac Trans Am. 2.) He listens to Motley Crue anytime he is going into a sales call (if you don't know who Motley Crue is than I'm going to have to ask you to stop reading this blog.) 3.) He's gullible to believe the stupidest things in the world. For instance, we know that he's 99.9% sure that the guy Jim hired for Phyllis' party is not the real Ben Franklin. The fact that he believes Gaydar is a real product sold the deal for me. I used to think Steve Carrell made The Office funny but now I firmly believe that Rainn Wilson makes that show go. Carrell is good but there is only so much awkwardness I can take in a season. I think my favorite Dwight scene is when he finds out Michael grilled his foot in his George Foreman grill, flies out of the parking lot and tags a telephone pole, gets out of his car and pukes on the back of it. I don't think I have laughed so hard in my life except when I saw Brody Van Brocklin dance for the first time. If you have seen the movie Pinocchio than you know exactly what I'm talking about. This choice was easy, in the words of Michael to Dwight, Keep it simple stupid.

#1 - Dr. Sheldon Cooper & Howard Wolowitz - The Big Bang Theory

Justin Denney introduced me to this show about two months ago and I haven't been able to stop watching it. I just finished season three and stoked about this upcoming season. If I had to pick between these two to be number one I would definitely go with Sheldon. He makes the show go, without him there is now Big Bang Theory. Howard is the perverted Jewish guy desperate for a girlfriend while Sheldon is the exact opposite, and he uses the word koydos for the word sex. Never have heard of it but it may become my favorite word. Besides, Sheldon shares my same love for vintage video games, he owns every gaming system known to man. How can you not love the way Howard dresses in this sitcom? The Nintendo belt buckle I will find one day, and I will sport it on the golf course. If you haven't watched The Big Bang Theory, I suggest you do it, you will become addicted, and it'll be a good addicition. Unlike Tiger Woods' addiction that cost him his marriage and golf game. See that, I made another joke, Bazinga!

I encourage you to post your favorite quotes or scenes from any of the characters above if you'd like. Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh you picked almost all the characters I would have chosen. I LOVE family guy & the big bang theory & I think you made an excellent choice with LC too btw. Love reading your blog-- we all need to hang out again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a terrible list! You know my top five are Jerry, George, Kramer, Elaine, and Jim Halpert....easy choice.

    ReplyDelete